Staying Sane While Working From Home
My office keeps getting invaded. As has every aspect of my time and today I forgot what day of the week it was. Haha. Welcome to the end of 2020’s first quarter!
Who here is working at home with kids? 🙋🏼
It’s fucking cray cray. I’ve got a door stopper for my office and my 3 year old literally just forced the door open over the top of it earlier. She is small but SUPER (and annoyingly) strong when she gets determined.
I went downstairs for to grab something to eat part way through the day (thank god hubby was home to mind the kids) and the house legit looks like we now live in a parallel universe where cupboards, order and #MarieKondo have all but ceased to exist.
Here is a little bit of what I’m doing behind the scenes to keep my sanity and keep things churning in my online business:
1. Trying to follow a new time management plan that has me doing key morning routine stuff BEFORE the monsters awake (and still maintaining my regular hustle days);
2. Working with headphones in to minimise distraction;
3. Taking advantage of extra pockets of time wherever they arise;
4. Practicing gratitude for my husband’s hours being cut - despite the flow on effect of that - because it does mean the ability to work during the day when I work most optimally;
5. Embracing the chaos to an extent and picking my battles;
6. Self care and nourishing rituals x 100 and,
7. Accepting that shit is not going to be normal and adaption is key.
What’re you doing to manage?
Want to find out more about what I do as a Business, Life and Period Coach and, how we can work together to expand your energy, create more flow and unlock your optimal methods? Read more here or message me to lock in your spot for a consult or 1:1 coaching. x